Johnson's Acres is a raw milk dairy that was founded in 2005 by the Johnson family, in the quest for healthier food for them and their family. Johnson's Acres is a Natural farm and uses no hormones or antibiotics.
We deliver to Denver, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Morrison, Aurora, Arvada and Golden. Our milk can also be picked-up in Brighton at Highway 7 and I-25.
Our cows are only grass-fed. The main treatment of the cows, if needed, is herbally and/or homeopathic-ally done. We grow our own hay and use no herbicides or pesticides on the land or the hay. We also purchase non-GMO hay from local growers if the pasture is not producing enough for the cows. The cows have access to pasture year round.
The eggs we supply are pastured with no commercial feed used, as well as no soy products.
Johnson's Acres provides top-notch: Raw Milk, Eggs at the farm, Cream as supply allows, Whey and great customer service. We strive to provide the best possible products that are hormone and antibiotic free.
- Each cow share is a one-time cost of $25 per share. One cow share equates to one gallon of milk per week. The cow share is refundable if you choose to stop getting milk.
- The monthly boarding fee is $45 per month per cow share.
- If you are getting your milk delivered, we charge $5 per month regardless of the amount of milk you are getting in order to cover delivery costs.
- You can sign up for shares in half-share amounts. Purchasing a half-share costs $12.50 and the monthly cost is $22.50 per month.
- Milk is delivered by 2pm at each delivery site on the delivery day. Picking up the milk is at your convenience. The milk stays in a refrigerator until you pick it up.
- Every week, clean your empty jars and bring the jars and lids back and put them in the refrigerator. Then, you pick up new jars.
Pick-up at the farm process:
- Come to the farm whenever you want
- Bring your empty jars and lids back each week and put them on the shelves outside the milk barn.
- If you purchase other items while at the farm, use the sales slip to identify the other items and put the sales slip in the payment box.
We test our milk once a week for e coli 0157, salmonella, listeria, campylobacteria, and bacterial plate counts. Since 2005, we have only had one bad result approximately 7 years ago for the bacterial plate count. We threw out all of the milk and found the problem to be that the hot water setting had a malfunction.
- We clean all of the cow udders with DIY dishwashing liquid (made from Borax, water, and natural handsoap) and hot water prior to milking.
- We sanitize the system with hot water (160 degrees F - 180 degrees F) prior to each milking.
- We filter the milk prior to bottling.
- We sanitize all jars using a commercial dishwasher and hot water only.
- After milking, we rinse the system with cool water; then, we use a food grade bleach/acid with hot water which is agitated and cycled for 10 minutes.
We require new shareholders to put a credit card on file for their fees. Invoices are emailed out on the 5th of the month for the current month's charges. We bill cards on the 20th of the month so if you have any questions about your bill, we work it through between the 5th and the 20th. We take credit card numbers over the phone for security purposes. Once the credit card number is in our charging system, no one is able to access it again.
Contact us at: 303-452-8043, Kenny's cell: 303-552-7739
Farm address: 16381 York St, Brighton, CO 80602